Follow stephenrmaddox on Twitter

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Substance of Things Hoped For...


Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

I’ve always loved this paradigm in Hebrews portrayed in how hope and faith are intertwined. The world is continually searching for hope. It’s something I have, it’s something the church has, it’s something the government promises, it’s what people desire. They want hope and it’s readily available to them.
Sitting in a meeting we were celebrating the hope and excitement that we carry through life and my mind wandered (this should never shock you, my mind moves a thousand miles a minute and always processes) to this thought. The hope we have in Christ is in direct contrast to what our politicians and government try to pull from. Hope draws people. Listen to every political speech, it’s that time of year again, and you’ll continually hear about the hope they will and can provide. I even read an article that said the President’s book The Audacity of Hope, which was titled off one of his minister’s sermons The Audacity to Hope, was partly credited to his being elected.
In my life, I have not found a truer hope and joy than what I have in Christ. I live my life excited every day knowing that I live fulfilled in Christ and in Christ alone.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’ Numbers 6:24-26

May you be encouraged and blessed. Feel free to comment below, to tweet it, to post it, to send it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment